The complete collection of PRIMA is now available on CD!
Print copies of previous/current issues of PRIMA are available for FREE upon request.
If you would like a paper copy of PRIMA, please e-mail the ACL office. In your e-mail, please include the issue number and an address where you would like the issue to be sent.
If you have an article or activity you would like to submit to PRIMA, we would love to have it.
- Articles should appeal to the instructional, administrative, or research interesting of foreign/second language educators at P-16 levels of instruction.
- Articles should be substantive and present new ideas or new applications of information related to current trends and teaching in the language field.
- Articles should be approximately 500-750 words in length (longer articles are appreciated and can be accommodated with some advance notice)
- Photographs, illustrations, graphs, tables and charts to accompany your article would be greatly appreciated – digital photos that can be relayed electronically via an e-mail are preferred!
- Be well written, clearly organized and carefully proofread.
- A suggested title should be included
- Where possible also include subheadings to enhance readability.
- Be clear and comprehensible. Use simple language and avoid jargon. •Provide steps. If your article is a "how-to" or case study, provide information on how others might duplicate your success.
- Support generalizations with facts and practical examples. Include direct, interesting quotes from your sources. Use a variety of current, credible sources for data and opinions.
- Check out previous issues to get a sense of the writing and audience. You can download past issues of PRIMA at: http://www.etclassics.org/pages/prima to get a gist of what we promote/print.
- Include a short biographical paragraph (this will appear at the bottom of the article). Also include a headshot of you (or a pix of you teaching) and work information (school, location, classes taught)
- Deadline for articles is April 1 for our Spring/Summer Issue.
- All articles submitted for inclusion in PRIMA will be edited by the editor and a proof of the submission will be provided to the contributor(s) for recommendations, suggestions, corrections, etc. for final approval prior to the press date.
To submit contributions or discuss other proposals, please e-mail PRIMA editors Michael Posey and Cheryl Cheatham at email@example.com.